[CH] Pretty Off-Topic, although I'll give it a shot at the end of

VoodooChile (rael@ebicom.net)
Sat, 04 Jul 1998 16:35:28 -0500

[for on-topic wirds...scroll down to the bottom]

Twas Writ:
>Jalust@aol.com wrote:
>> With knife in hand at home, I sliced an orange hab lengthwise and very
>> carefully RUBBED THAT SUCKER ALL OVER THE BACK OF MY NECK!!!  I added a
little

>> Don't try this unless you can burn for hours.  MMMmmmmmmmmmmm

Doug the Knuckle Draggin' Chilehead did Writ:

>this reply, she would kill me!!) Talk about knuckle dragging..wherefor
>art thou, Rael??? You missing this, man? I would have expected the

Now, now...Rael is here (or there, somewhere, usually...) basking in the
heat, in supreme laziness, muscles aching as can be as I do damage to my
once-pickled body...

...but honestly, after reading Judy's post I was in deep deliberation as to
whether I should send a proposal of marriage (or at least a 3
month-shacking-up invitation...) to Judy-Who-Rubbeth-Habs-On-Her-Flesh as
indeed her wirdz did put me into a shameful frenzy.  Sister Chilehead Judy
has indeed achieved Enlightenment.  I bow to her wisdom...for now she
understands that pain is often good.  Nonetheless, I figured it would be in
poor taste (poor taste?
....nekkidTwistersalsaflinginHendrixsinginbarkingatthemoonRael?...it
happens, attacks of manners and such...it shall pass...) to send such a
proposal to someone I did not know.

...but actually, honestly, I am as a green habanero right now...not quite
ripe, not quite full-flavored, still feeding from the teat of mother-earth
(and what a teat..), and growing daily, reaching out to the sun and stars,
asking for guidance, knowledge, wisdom, blessings of El Grande, and needing
to get my hair trimmed badly (can you say Cousin It?)...and thus, I am
attempting to better myself in preparation for the day when a Woman will
lock eyes with me one day and turn to face me as I shall do to her,
simultaneously throwing our belongings to the ground, preparing to engage
in mortal combat for we both instinctively, intuitively know that the
victor will earn the right to demand obedience and shrimpin' privileges of
the defeated...until the next bout of combat, of course...

...or it could be simple damned laziness, yes :)

Nonetheless, I exercised restraint (at least initially...before this...oh
bother..)...and hope CH Jalust - as well as all other chileheads - will
forgive my impudence for this post...

CHILE RELATED:

Made the apple chutney recipe from the new version of _Joy of Cooking_ (pg.
79, I think).  Quite good.  I cut the recipe in half as I wasn't going to
can it or the like, simply wanted something for some grilled pork loin I
cut for chops.  Realize that I added NO heat (broke my heart), but it was
for the Gathering of Family that's been going on here (21-ish folks) and
many are UN-enlightened...like my mum...who happened to *love* the chutney
sans heat.  Anywho, it would be scrumpdillyish, oh my, with some chiles.
Without a doubt.  Thought about cutting down the amount of vinegar since I
ain't fond of the stuff, but I let it simmer for about 3 hours and it
reduced to a wonderful sweet stuff...which isn't surprising since there was
also 2 1/4 cups of brown sugar in it...

'Nuff.  Rael shall return to his dungeon and rub chiles on his sore muscles...

Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......

Rael"...now if I could just get that trainer to use restraints in my
workout..."64
rael@ebicom.net
Redneck Sous Chef
Monk of the TCS