Re: [CH] chile time

Tony Flynn (flynnt@ellconweb.net.nz)
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 15:33:59 +1200

bates ronald ( phd ceng) wrote:

> On a similar note, I am new to growing chiles and I am wondering how
> people save them to use later in the year.  Are they easily frozen?
> What
> about canning?  I have used dried chiles before and really prefer them
> non-dried.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Ron

Hi all

I have frozen chiles for years now mainly cayenne up till last year.
When I started growing Habeneros, Serrano, Jalepeno and a few others. I
bottle them (canning to you) Dry and grind them into powder of various
blends, and sprinkle it on everything in sight (except my hands, and
other sensitive places) the Habenero powder is seriously hot. As one or
two people have found out, including me.
I have not made any sauce from frozen chiles as the kind people on this
list have sent me some very nice bottles.

Hope this helps

Tony Flynn