RE: [CH] Re: [CHV5 #76 pepper fermentation

Pieters, Rob (Rob.Pieters@Netherlands.honeywell.com)
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 16:25:51 +0100

Kristoffer is absolutely right on the yeast thing, as a wine maker too I can
verify that letting the wild east doing the job will normally not give the
result your looking for.
Before start the fermenting you have to kill all the little devils or put
them a sleep until your yeast has take over and can destroy them.
For this you have to use a conservator, I'm sorry but don't know the
translation but I'm using Kaliumbisulfiet about 1 gram/10 liter or kg.
fruit, the sulfur component kills or put all micro organism to sleep for a
while.
After 24 hours most of the sulfur has gone and it is safe to add your yeast.

Rob