[CH] Re: Calvin's Chili Fixins

Calvin Donaghey (gdonaghey@bitstreet.com)
Thu, 09 Mar 2000 20:37:07 -0600

Deb-
It's a smoke sauce, mostly water & vinegar, with a little molasses and smoke
flavoring.  It comes in a 4 oz bottle, usually with the Worcestershire sauce
in the grocery store.  I use it in chili (and other stuff) because it is not
overpowering and imparts a smooth smokey flavor without a bite.  I like the
smokey flavor in chili, but I usually don't have time or the inclination to
smoke a cut of meat just for chili.  I usually use ground beef.
Calvin