Re: [CH] an open letter to our fearless leader

Charles P Demas (cpd@world.std.com)
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 14:01:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, R.Solarion - Apollonius.Net wrote:

> Categorizing the messages as Gardening, Recipes & General is a splendid
> idea!  I usually do not read any of the Gardening messages myself.  Roberto

Perhaps you should start another list, or 3 lists.

You're asking each person that posts to edit every subject line, and to
decide where the post fits.  Too much bother for those of us that post.

Of course, you could moderate a list yourself and put those markings
on the each posts for us, but I suspect that you'd find it to be too much
work.

It's always a splendid idea when someone else has to do the work, right?

Personally, "Tain't broke, so it don't need tinkerin'."  :-)

I just eat chiles, but I like reading about Carpo's garden problems, and I
read the recipes, but just for ideas, and Rael's general comments aren't
to be missed.  Some of these span categories, and with thread drift, I
doubt that "categories" would actually be helpful, and they would not
help the digest readers at all.

It's a good thing I said I only eat chiles, otherwise this post would be
off-topic.  :-)

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas