Re: [CH] Carrot based sauces

green56 (green56@PioneerPlanet.infi.net)
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 20:56:33 -0500

Deb deForest wrote:

> Brent wrote:
> "> Does anyone have any recommendations for what to use to increase the
> > viscosity?
>
> Carrots?  Isn't that the secret of the Belize habanero sauces, e.g. by
> Marie Sharp?"
>
> Coincidentally, just had some friends in San Antonio drop by with a bottle
> of "San Antonio Gold".  Anyone try this before?  A pretty good carrot-based
> hab sauce that is the consistency of ketchup.  It is a thick puree of pretty
> golden color and good hab flavor but instead of the usual vinegar flavor
> (Rael, take note) this one has key lime to preserve and balance the often
> too sweet of carrots and makes a pretty good bottled sauce.  Still on the
> sweet side like most carrot-based sauces, and it is also on the less hot
> side (this is no doubt a hab sauce you could eat, green).  But works great
> as a sub for ketchup.  Anyone else ever try this?
> Deb in Houston

Man, my eyeballs were alert, Deb, WAY BEFORE you ebber got to "this is
no doubt a hab sauce you could eat, green)"!!!!  As were my
tastebuds...  I'm drooling.  Hot and sweet (reminds me o'me...)????
Where can I get some o'this stuff????

If sumbuddy in SA's willing to send some, make sure you include about a
gross box o'Los Barios Chimichurri Sauce...  Not hot stuff, but it DON'T
get any better eatin' than THAT!!!!

green (R) (TM)