Re: [CH] Two chile cultivation questions

Mary Going (mary@firegirl.com)
Fri, 05 May 2000 16:21:02 -0400

Johnny's Selected Seeds has some information on a particular red mulch
causing increased *tomato* production. I don't know whether peppers would
have a similar response. The web page is
http://www.johnnyseeds.com/cgi-local/Minishopsql4.cgi?action=page&adver=othe
r&item=AMUL

- mary

At 01:02 PM 5/5/00 -0500, Greg Schultz wrote:
>1.  Regarding the use of plastic
>
>Do any of you chile growers have any practical advice concerning the use of
>plastic sheets as a weed deterent?  What colors work best -
>thermodynamically speaking?
>
>2. Regarding irrigation
>
>The place where I am planting has natural springs.  I am thinking of
>running stout lengths of rope under the chile rows with the end of the rope
>running into the ponds.  Do you think that the rope will wick up the water
>and keep the plants watered?

FireGirl - http://firegirl.com (Everybody Needs A Hero)
Over 800 hot sauces and other spicy products!

Free shipping to the US and Canada on orders over $50.
800-296-9646* 207-623-6008 * Fax: 207-623-6019