Re: [CH] New member

Robyn and John (rmartin@uq.net.au)
Sun, 28 May 2000 15:37:03 +1000

Karen Fenlason wrote:
> Anyone with Chile Head
> kids out there?

Hi Karen! My kid is nearly 4, and is happy to eat Mexican dip, which
has at least some bite to it. I have to some extent discouraged him
from learning to eat chile, since one of my favourite breakfasts
is Trident Thai-style noodles and if he learns to eat them I will
never get any. However we are building him up on easy Indian curries,
butter chicken and so on. I also have an ornamental capsicum bush
which was marketed as "children's chilli" so I told him that's one
that kids can eat. When I get fruit from it, I will make chilli
chicken or something like that that looks really intimidating and
show him that chillis don't have to be hot. When he is comfortable
with that I will gradually introduce the concept that it's more
fun if they are :-).

John