Re: [CH] Trick to share

Michelle DeWitt (michelle@wildpepper.com)
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 12:22:10 -0600

I put whole tomatoes (with no prep) in baggies, freeze, and when thawed the
skins peel off very easily, even without blanching. But I will try the roasted
tomatoes. They sound great!

Now if someone could explain the easy way to roast and peel green chiles. I
have a terrible time with them. I always seem to not roast enough to peel
easily or I burn them and then they have a "not so appetizing" flavor.
I've tried the top of the gas stove and the broiler. There's got to be a better
way.

Michelle in KC