RE: [CH] Chile-Heads Digest V7 #282

Morse, Dan (Dan.Morse@wsj.com)
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 17:21:28 -0500

Dear Chile-Heads,

My name is Dan Morse. I write for the Wall Street Journal, and I wrote a
story a while back about superhot hotsauce. During that research, I got on
this list to help better understand the head of chile-heads. So, thanks. I
am something of a Chile-Head myself, though at this point mostly an aspiring
one, and have a request:

Anyone know a good recipe for a lime-chicken-cilantro-chili exploration.
Please note: I don't have access to hard-to-get ingredients.

And here's a tip: If you find yourself in Manhattan, and need some heat,
head to a place called McSorley's Old Ale House, 15 E 7th St. Order the
cracker/cheese/raw onion plate, and dab on the house mustard. It's got a
real nice, surprise kick to it. Best damn mustard I've ever had.

Thanks,
Dan Morse
dan.morse@wsj.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads-digest@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads-digest@globalgarden.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2000 9:31 PM
To: chile-heads-digest@globalgarden.com
Subject: [CH] Chile-Heads Digest V7 #282

Chile-Heads Digest     Thursday, December 14 2000     Volume 07 : Number 282

In this issue:

       Re: [CH] Purple jalapenos = bad?
       Re: [CH] Granite Growing
       [CH] Ohio Hotluck - Hearts On Fire
       RE: [CH] Ohio Hotluck - Hearts On Fire
       Re: [CH] Soaking beans
       Re: [CH] Soaking beans
       [CH] TMV
       [CH] Turkey Tamale Pie - re-post
       [CH] TMV/Botch
       [CH] Recipe: Chile Rellenos Casserole
       [CH] Recipe: grape-pear salad for chileheads
       Re: [CH] Purple jalapenos = bad?
       [CH] Tis The Season/Off Topic/Recipe
       [CH] CH Cards and Posters on the way
       [CH] Heat treatment
       Re: [CH] Heat treatment
       [CH] Bad news!
       Re: [CH] Bad news!
       Re: [CH] Bad news!
       [CH] Habanero Jack (was: Bad news!)
       [CH] Sauce Ratings
       [CH] How Hot is Too Hot?
       Re: [CH] Sauce Ratings
       Re: [CH] Chile-Heads Digest V7 #281
       Re: [CH] Chile-Heads Digest V7 #281
       Re: [CH] Chile-Heads Digest V7 #281
       [CH] purple
       [CH] uniform
       Re: [CH] Chile-Heads Digest V7 #280 Rats
       Re: [CH] Chile-Heads Digest V7 #280 aphids,
       Re: [CH] Sauce Ratings
       Re: [CH] uniform