RE: [CH] Chile-Heads Digest V7 #282

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 10:37:55 -0500

At 05:21 PM 12/15/00 -0500, Morse, Dan wrote:
>Dear Chile-Heads,
>
>My name is Dan Morse. I write for the Wall Street Journal, and I wrote a
>story a while back about superhot hotsauce. During that research, I got on
>this list to help better understand the head of chile-heads. So, thanks. I
>am something of a Chile-Head myself, though at this point mostly an aspiring
>one, and have a request:
>
>Anyone know a good recipe for a lime-chicken-cilantro-chili exploration.
>Please note: I don't have access to hard-to-get ingredients.

You live/work in the New York City area yet don't have access to hard-to
get ingredients?

>And here's a tip: If you find yourself in Manhattan, and need some heat,
>head to a place called McSorley's Old Ale House, 15 E 7th St. Order the
>cracker/cheese/raw onion plate, and dab on the house mustard. It's got a
>real nice, surprise kick to it. Best damn mustard I've ever had.

I can second this!  Have been enjoying their ale and mustard since before
there was a ladies room!

Images of the Ale House and their cheese tray can be seen on my coverage of
a trip to NYC at:

http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens/nycfood/

                    =Mark "Runs With Scissors" Stevens

                @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @