Re: [CH] TMV

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 10:50:29 -0500

I'm just curious.  Has anybody on this list ever actually personally had
their chile plants afflicted with TMV?  Every few months these flames are
fanned between those recommending the use of tobacco products as
insecticides and those warning of the dire and evil consequences that will
befall anone who even thinks about tobacco (I found the tobacco - Ebola
comparison particularly amusing).    I don't mean folks who know neighbors,
family members or others that have had TMV problems, I've not heard a
single person on this list who actually lost chiles to this disease.

Anyone?

At 02:47 PM 12/16/00 RSA-2, Peter Moss wrote:
>> Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 17:25:31 -0500
>> From: "byron bromley" <byron.bromley@gsd-co.com>
>
>Byron
>
>We have been through all this before.
>
>> You have killed it 3 times isn't that enough?
>
>You have probably killed the virus in the batch made.  What
>about the unused tobacco, working surfaces, the persons hands
>and clothing, the container the tobacco came in, the place
>where it was dumped and stored for starters?  Obviously this is
>not a problem where TMV has been eradicated and the source of
>the tobacco product is known.
                    =Mark "Runs With Scissors" Stevens

                @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @
                                  @ ICQ# 2059548 @