[CH] Re: "Hot" News!

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:19:52

>From: "Sandy Olson" <sandyo@willowtree.com>

>I found a sauce, Holy City Heat, that's just the ticket for us.  Made with
>Charleston Hot Peppers (whatever they are)

I have a bottle of that, too, and it is a nice mild/sweet/fruity sauce.

I was expecting something much hotter.  I seem to recall some discussion on
the list concerning Charleston hot peppers a few years ago - they were
supposed to be extremely hot.

As this sauce has a lot of sugars, you might consider letting it bake or
broil as a glaze on chicken or shrimp.  Hm, now that I think of it, that
could be a really neat glaze for a big ol' baked ham...

- A