Re: [CH] Re: ARGH!!!!!! (Pepper Spray Recipe)

mstevens@exit109.com
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 18:38:11 GMT

At 01:57 PM 4/6/01 -0500, you wrote:

>  Seems every year I see this technique mentioned a few times on the list, but
>have never seen this question answered, that I recall.  So here's what I hope
>isn't as stupid of a question as I imagine it might be:  When you "rinse off"
>the plants after application, do you need to worry about the soap solution
>soaking into the soil around the plant?  Would the answer vary for garden vs.
>container plants?

In a garden with well drained soil a concentration of 1 Tbsp to a gallon of
water is not going to be harmful. most soaps are rather neutral and will not
affect the plants.  Subsequent rains and watering will wash away any residue.

In containers that have drainage holes at the bottom the same should apply.  If
the containers don't have drainage holes there is the possibility of the soap
building up.

                    =Mark "Runs With Scissors" Stevens

                @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @
                                  @ ICQ# 2059548 @