[CH] Re: Peri Peri

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 16:57:15

>From: Myron Menaker <myronm@bellsouth.net>

>Found this among some old recipes....you can't get much more basic than
>that!
>
>     Peri Peri
>
>1 cup olive oil
>1 cup whiskey
>1 handful of very hot, dried peppers
>
>Combine the ingredients, let stand for a month or two. Use
>liberally on everything.
>
>Happy Easter from the beach!!
>
>Myron

That's it, the recipe I first learned for peri-peri.  Wicked, merciless
stuff, especially if you let it mature longer.  Supposedly Portugese in
origin, which makes me think that brandy would serve better than whiskey.

On another note, today I'm doing another pork roast, with a rub that's about
50% medium-heat version dry rub marinade from Red Loin, 50% Raid The Spice
Cabinet.  The apartment smells great on a rainy day.

- A