Re: [CH] Re: wines (was Oz & NZ +Peppers)

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Tue, 01 May 2001 17:40:20 -0500

Alex Silbajoris wrote:

> ...The Thomases also make a hard cider that has
> found its way into some batches of hot sauce with habs from James the Elder.

  That sounds pretty good.  Are you selling any bottles of that???

> ... OTOH as the Great Lakes area has a lot of German influence, the region
> is dotted with excellent microbreweries.

  Yep.  Me pop was the first in our family to be born here in the states; in the
bedroom of the very farmhouse I grew up in, in fact.  I think that explains why
I can't stand beer made here.  I can almost drink Sprecher's Black Bavarian, but
not quite.  Does anyone know of any breweries here in the States producing any
Dunkel Weiss?  That's about all I can tolerate, and I would like to try any
domestics, but have NEVER seen any.  Haven't had a chance to ask anyone of any
authority at our local beverage center.

  Help.....anyone....please!

--
Erich