Re: R: [CH] California Wines-perfection w/Chiles

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@home.com)
Wed, 02 May 2001 17:45:14 +0000

"Dana H. Myers" wrote:More on topic, I think California Zinfandel often makes a
good match

> However, dry Gewurztraminer seems to be a better match in general to
> lighter spicy foods; such as spicy Asian cooking, or grilled chicken tacos
> with a fresh pico sauce.  I especially like the delightful Gewurztraminer
> from Lazy Creek Vineyards, and also enjoy what Thomas Fogarty Winery
> does with the grape.
>
> But, most importantly, I've found that pairing spicy food with wine has
> tempered my use of chiles; rather than boosting heat just because I
> can, I'm more interested in finding elegant and interesting flavors, such
> as those that come from Calvin's.
>
> Dana
>
> mstevens@exit109.com wrote:

Hey...a man after my own heart! The only white I reall enjoy, is a gewurtz, and we
in BC are fortunate in having a fair number of wineries, that produce some very
fine world class wines, including great gewurtztraminers. I am currently drinking
Italian Merlot, but my tastes ramble all over the world, in red...I have spells of
trying out a country! A hearty red, good for the heart, good for the digestion,
great with our favourite food, the noble chile! Ole! Cheers, Doug in BC