Re: [CH] Tabasco vs. Louisiana hot sauces

danceswithcarp (dcombs@bloomington.in.us)
Tue, 08 May 2001 18:47:22 -0500

At 05:55 PM 5/7/2001 +0000, mstevens@exit109.com wrote:
>More than you probably wanted to know.  Published in a local paper last month:
>
>http://www.injersey.com/life/story/0,2092,382700,00.html

Hmmm.  I seem to misremember reading years ago that the Louisiana Hot Sauce
parent had been bought by the parent company of McIlhenny after tons of
litigation for product infringement.  As a matter of fact I *know* I
remember it.  The parent company of LHS had, like, 50+ food products in
their line and LHS was the only one kept alive.

Or was that Red Devil?

Naw, it was LHS.

We get LHS's habenero sauce here for $.79 american at local chain Marsh
grocery stores.   A good investement.  Not as good as Grace at $.99, but
still yet a fair deal.   I still have 5 gallons of The Brew hab sauce aging
on our kitchen counter in a crock.  We bought a new house last November and
couldn't afford to have it bottled.  When we do get it done it will be 2.5
years old.   Right now it is incredibly mellow.

Mmmmmmm.   Habenero sauce.

carpo