Re: [CH] Hab

Matt Prerost (mprerost@mindspring.com)
Thu, 10 May 2001 15:34:14 -0500

On Tue, 08 May 2001 20:22:24 -0700, you wrote:

>Doesn't matter how you got here the fact that you are here is all that
>matters :-)
>

>I have had to do this after my Siamese cats decided they wanted to nibble
>on all my plants
>right after they hardened up ... bad kitties
>

>-Chris

I planned on growing all my stuff from seed this year.  But I few
things happened.  Some of them didn't look that great, my cat at some
and I stopped at a local nursery and they had some peppers that I
wanted to try (Thai Hot and Caribbean Red Hot).  If you bought like 12
packs of plant they were cheaper.  So I got those and picked up some
pretty big Jalapeno and Hab plants and some Cayenne.  The rest was
tomatoes and a cantaloupe.

I was out the other day and saw some habs that were already at least a
foot and half tall.  I calmed myself down and I decided that I could
live with the fact that I already have 3 regular hab plants in the
ground and around 6 more hab type plants.

If you don't have unlimited space in the garden, buying big pepper
plants ain't cheating.  Use what ever means necessary to fool mother
nature.  I got at least 3 extra weeks covering my peppers last fall.

Matt