Re: [CH] re: $$$

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Sat, 12 May 2001 09:48:31 -0500

Fieryfood@aol.com wrote:

> I know it's hard to pay high prices for hot sauce, but don't slam the
> producers and retailers too much. The high quality hot sauces we enjoy in the
> US can be very expensive to produce - ...
>
> Thanks for letting me vent,
> Peggy
> Seattle's Chile Babe

  These were all excellent points, and I agree with the ideas behind them.  I
believe, however, that my original point still stands.  This was merely that,
when faced with paying $7.00 / bottle for a particular sauce I enjoy, at the only
(even remotely) nearby hot shop (which is more of a "boutique" shop), vs.
ordering direct from the manufacturer via their website at $3.00 / bottle...
Well, I think you see my point.  In this case the only one "suffering" is the
shop, which has always seemed a little pricey to begin with; and seems to be
doing just fine.  If the shop hadn't just recently moved to a larger / nicer
facility (and increased it's inventory), and seemed to be struggling, then sure I
would try to eat the $ myself to help them out.  But this is not the case here.
In fact, as I mentioned, I still buy other items there that are not so readily
available online.  But in this case, the manufacturer is still getting my
business; we're just changing the middle man to UPS.

--
Erich
C-H # 2099