Re: [CH] Fields

thepepperman@cs.com
Mon, 14 May 2001 13:27:00 -0400

"wildpepper.com" <jim@wildpepper.com> wrote:

>It is also possible that it might be the last one.
> Still, might have to continue to grow a small patch just for this event
> :-)

Jim,
I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that the event is the thing... the peppers are just a lucky bonus. The comradery, the fun, and, oh yeah... the FOOD, are the reasons we get together in the "Secret Fields, Somewhere in Indiana" not the opportunity to pick up a bagful of free goodies. Not that they're not appreciated, but they are NOT expected or mandatory!

If/when it becomes necessary to end the pepper picking portion of the Open Fields event, so be it. I for one would like to find a way for the event itself to continue for a good many years.

Thanks for everything Jim, and I'll see ya in October!

Jeff