Re: [CH] Italian Gourmet Pepper

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Sun, 03 Jun 2001 10:51:03 -0400

At 01:30 PM 6/2/01 -0700, Rich McCormack wrote:

>Earlier this spring, when I was buying plants for my garden,
>I bought a couple 4" pots labeled Italian Gourmet pepper.
>At the time, I figured it was probably a pepperochini type
>chile.  I now have a green pod approaching what seems to be
>full size.  It's shapped kinda like a pepperchini (or at
>least I think it'd look like a pickled pepperchini if I were
>to pickle it) but is closer to the size of a small Anaheim.
>Does anyone on the CH list have an idea what it is I'm growing?

Sounds like a cubanelle or what is referred to here in Sopranoland as an
Italian Frying pepper.  They are thin walled and lighter green than a bell
pepper and, sad to say, have no heat.

                    =Mark "Runs With Scissors" Stevens

                @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @
                                  @ ICQ# 2059548 @

                          Dyslexic, Agnostic, Insomniac...

             Lying awake at night, wondering if there is a Dog.