Re: [CH] Italian Gourmet Pepper

Rich McCormack (macknet@pacbell.net)
Sun, 03 Jun 2001 08:26:46 -0700

=Mark wrote:

> Sounds like a cubanelle or what is referred to here in Sopranoland as an
> Italian Frying pepper.  They are thin walled and lighter green than a bell
> pepper and, sad to say, have no heat.

Here's what the plant stake says...

"The classic pepper for sausage and pepper sandwiches, stir-frying,
grilling or eating fresh in salads.  A vigorous, high-yielding plant
with thin-skinned fruits"

As for "high-yielding" I'm not sure yet, so far there's only
a single pod on the plant...but, then, all my chiles seem to
be sulking so far this spring.  As for any heat?  I'll have
to wait until I snip the one-and-only off and try it.

--
Rich McCormack (Poway, CA) macknet@pacbell.net

Who is Rich McCormack?  Find out at...
http://home.pacbell.net/macknet/