Re: [CH] New Yuc...

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@home.com)
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 19:39:29 -0700

Hello all....I have been using El Yuk Green(ya there, green?) which is the
only one available
here on Vancouver Island, as yet, for a couple of years.....kinda funny,
when Jim Campbell came visiting, the first thing he did when he hit my
kitchen, was check out my fridge, for  hot sauce collection! He spotted the
El Yuk green and said" That is not a bad sauce!" But as his travelling
companion, a fellow firefigher, Lt. Romero, despite having a Cuban heritage,
was NOT a chile head, but even so, was a very welcome guest, a great person,
and one, along with Jim C, whom we would welcome back any time. If you can
imagine a Cuban firefighter from Florida, who had never been to British
Columbia before, and not a chile head.....well, I had to modify my Greek
chicken slightly, to accomodaate Lt Romero, and Mr. Campbell said....."wasnt
very hot!!!!" :-( !!   Oh well, I shoulda given him som El Yuk Green sauce!
OR, some of his apple smoked hab powder, the one he marked 10 hot!
However, we do use that stuff(el yuk) along with a bunch of others, and
Calvins blend of oil field chiles, which we take with us, in Marie's purse,
wherever we go to eat out. And like Rael, we both have an affinity for
parsley, which I cook with all the time....a parsley sauce, with chiles
chopped in, over a fish dish, simply cannot be equalled.....covered all the
bases in the last bunch of posts!!! Cheers, Doug in BC