Re: [CH] Re: What to do with Thai

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@home.com)
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 10:00:14 -0700

Alex Silbajoris wrote:

> Question:  Has anyone here put fresh peppers into plain soy sauce, to make a
> hot soy sauce?

Yep....I made a really neat soy sauce, using regular light(thin) soy
sauce, Kikkoman will do, I used Soy Superior, and placed a couple of my
dried super chiles and a little honey to make a hot sweet soy sauce. It
may be in PepperFool archives.  Bring to boil, cool then bottle. I do
not keep it in the fridge, and I have had one soy sauce bottle for a
couple of years in the cupboard, which I replenish from time to time.
Not wanting to hear the Botuli-botula song again!! I always cook this!
Cheers, Doug in BC