RE: [CH] Bird feeders/squirrels

Mary & Riley (uGuys@ChileGarden.com)
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 10:18:35 -0700

> Pecos wrote:

> > Rattlesnake tastes like chicken tho...
>
> Not really...... tastes like rattlesnake

>   With slices of onion on top of the meat, add a scant cup or
> so of hot
>   water, cover tight and simmer.  Don't boil.  Very slowly on low heat
>   for about an hour until it's tender as your heart.  A
> sprinkle or two
>   of milk for the last fifteen minutes is all to the good.  Add a
>   little garlic and, if you want your spurs to really jingle,
> throw in,
>   as your conscience dictates, a grab of chili-petines.

So the slow cooking makes it tender?  I was camping some time ago in the
Calif Desert, high desert out of Yucca Valley.  Found a big old diamond
back and invited him for a bbq.  Good, but very tough.  Cooked it more
like chicken.

If I get in a similar situation again I'll try simmering it for a while.
Normally I leave them alone, but had to kill this one for safety
reasons.

Riley