Re: [CH] ISO TNT Canned Peach Salsa recipe

RisaG (radiorlg@home.com)
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 09:27:34 -0400

I searched The Kitchenlink (http://www.kitchenlink.com) and they have a few
canned peach salsa recipes. Go search there. But here is a non-canned
version that is really good.

I've made many times. My friend, sara, created it and she used canned
peaches. But since it is peach season, use fresh.

Sara's Vidalia Onion & Peach Salsa
Makes a ton

1 large vidalia onion, peeled and quartered
3 tablespoons jalapeno slices*
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and quartered
1-15 ounce can sliced peaches, drained
1-15 ounce can crushed tomatoes
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tsp. sugar, might not be necessary
Pinches of: salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder
1 tablespoon vinegar

In food processor, chop but do not liquify onion, jalapeno and yellow
pepper. Add and pulse until chopped and incorporated the peaches. Pour above
mixture into large bowl and add, stirring well, the tomatoes, lemon juice,
sweet & low, spices and vinegar.

Mix together thoroughly. Refrigerate until use.

* I didn't have jalapenos so I used less of serranos.

I served it with the burgers and potato salad and it was excellent. My
mother-in-law loved it too and she is very picky.

RisaG
MK Independent Beauty Consultant
mailto: radiorlg@home.com

Risa's Food Service