[CH] Hot tomato?

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:58:08 -0400

At 06:27 PM 8/15/01 -0700, Mary & Riley wrote:
>Except in the case of Golden Rice--they are donating that product.  And
>replant and harvest seed.  Sadly, one of the companies that was working
>on it in Britain went out of business due to the GM foes, iirc.  And
>therefore delayed people getting it. And as far as I'm concerned, have
>caused the (unnecessary) deaths of hundreds of thousands of children.
>
>So who has blood on their hands?

Not to push this thread any further, but there is much consternation within
the developing world about the delays of these tested agricultural products
being released for use.  Representatives of these countries are
increasingly resentful of fat, affluent "enviromentalists" who have never
gone 8 hours without a meal claiming to have the best interests of the
world at heart.  Enviromentalism has been hijacked by political activists
with their own agendas (read $$$$) as their prime concern.

As far as genetically engineering a hot tomato, I say "Why?"  I sort of
feel the same way about hot tomatoes or other veggies as I do about Chile
Beer, two products that go great together, but not nessessarily in the same
package...

As for chiles, do we need any hotter than a Red Savina?  (Doug Barnhart
need not reply...)

1970s - Environmentalism = Love the Earth
1980s - Environmentalism = Protect the Earth
1990s - Environmentalism = Down with Big Business
2000 and on - Environmentalism = Communism with trees

                    =Mark "Runs With Scissors" Stevens

                @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @
                                  @ ICQ# 2059548 @

                         Dyslexic, Agnostic, Insomniac...

           Lying awake at night, wondering if there is a Dog.