Re: [CH] Old Chiles

Sujatha Matsuno (su_matsuno@yahoo.com)
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 18:55:19 -0700 (PDT)

--- Byron <byronbromley@tellink.net> wrote:
> this leads me to another question, how many people
> here can grow their
> chilies outside all the time?
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Read about a gal in So. Texas  has a Petine chile
> thats over 30 years old.
> Stays outside..
>

> L.B.

I have one that has been outside at least 15 years
according to my hub.
Was planted by FIL from seed-origin unknown.
The were small oblong ones that somehow mutated into
1-2 inch long pods.
A year and a half ago an offspring sprouted out and is
doing very well.
Baby is as tall as mom/dad about 51/2 feet .
Am now swimming in hot sauces galore-green and red.
Everytime I start something in the kitchen, my
children cough till they drop!!
Lol! Only time I can get them to sit in their room
with the shut.
Silence is golden!