Re: [CH]

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Sat, 08 Sep 2001 15:07:09 -0500

Ron Levi wrote:

> Delurking.....
>
> Hi CH's
>    ... Step two I starve them of water regularly letting the leaves wilt before giving them another drink. This has produced some of the hottest peppers i have ever tasted and no store bought pepper can compare. I currently have Anahiem Chiles that will give any store bought serrano a run for its money.
>
> Ron
> ....Back to Lurking

  Greetings C-H brethren,

  The post quoted above raised a question in my mind that I don't recall ever seeing addressed; although I am still about 800 posts behind at the moment. (Not all C-H.)

  The question:

  We have seen numerous posts / articles / etc. regarding stressing plants to increase the pungency of the fruit, but I don't recall anyone ever mentioning if there is any effect on the flavor.  Anyone out there see something I might have missed?  Not that I intend to purposely stress my plants, since I am somewhat of a C-H moderate, but I am curious...

  Thanks,

--
Erich
C-H # 2099