Re: [CH] and now the fun begins

Eruna Schultheiss (eruna@taom.com)
Sat, 08 Sep 2001 14:16:24 -0600

on 9/7/01 22:36, Shantihhh@aol.com at Shantihhh@aol.com wrote:

> Start with chiles rubbed on her lips when she is hungry!  LOL  Sorry, but my
> son started his little guy on foodie stuff by holding while he cooked up a
> storm while cooking chiles and garlic.  Little guy progressed to tastes, and
> now at 4 his favorites are Tom Yum Gnoong and any garlicky spicy hot stuff
> dad come up with.  Plain food turns it back in shakes head and says it needs
> something!
>
> Mary-Anne

Yes, you can certainly get children used to spicy food. When my daughter
Izumi was two, she ate lunch at an Indian restaurant (buffet style). The
food was quite spicy. She wanted some of everything and ate the whole plate.
Only when walking out, she finally said: <Hm, was that spicy!>.

She is now ten, and in a Thai restaurant she orders her food <Thai Hot> ...
It's nice to be able to cook really spicy and not having to eat the whole
dish by yourself. Yes, it helps to get them started early!

Wishing everyone a great weekend,

Eruna