Re: [CH] Hatch chiles

Rich McCormack (macknet@pacbell.net)
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 07:26:52 -0700

"Inagaddadavida, Baby" wrote:

> what? is there some kinda check point charlie(s) on the boarders of
> the southwestern states now?  what's the wirld coming to?

Rael writes...

> what? is there some kinda check point charlie(s) on the boarders of
> the southwestern states now?  what's the wirld coming to?

I don't know what happens in other states with international
borders, but here in San Diego County, the U.S. Border Patrol
maintains fixed location checkpoints about 50 miles north of
the US/Mexican border.  Being of the libertarian persuasion,
I find these internal checkpoints to be an affront to the
U.S. Constitution and a serious infringement of the right
to freely travel within the borders of our country.  I feel
the same about local police checkpoints and, to some degree,
state borderline checkpoints.  I do, however, give some slack
to agricultural inspection stations when checking for pests
that could (and have) wrecked economic havoc on agricultural
concerns in my state or any other state.

--
Rich McCormack (Poway, CA) macknet@pacbell.net

Who is Rich McCormack?  Find out at...
http://home.pacbell.net/macknet/