Re: [CH] Braun Handblender?

Inagaddadavida, Baby (raelsixfour@cableone.net)
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 17:44:53 -0600

At 3:39 PM -0400 9/25/01, Myron Menaker wrote:
>Dear CH'ers,
>
>Local supermarket has a Braun Handblender on sale for $12.95. Seems to
>be comprised of both a stick mixer and a mini-processor. The mixer fits
>into the processor and provides the power to turn the chopping blade.
>
>Does anyone have one of these....and do you like it? Seems you could
>chop peppers, herbs and maybe make small quantities of salsa in it.

have had one for many years...love it...limited a bit as the blades
aren't as "open" as they are in a blender, i.e. some items get gunked
up around the blades.  I use mine mainly for blending protein drinks
and making soups, but it's great for items that need to be roughly
pureed (soups, salsas, etc) as you can plug it in and just pop it
into the pot or whatever.  Easy to clean too...remembering to
*unplug* it before cleaning!  Those blades will take a finger tip off
before you have time to cuss.

In short, it is somewhat limited (what isn't?), but I love mine.
Wouldn't give it up for anything...
--
Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......
Rael64