Re: [CH] Braun Handblender?

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 19:44:31 -0500

> At 3:39 PM -0400 9/25/01, Myron Menaker wrote:
> >Dear CH'ers,
> >
> >Local supermarket has a Braun Handblender on sale for $12.95. Seems to
> >be comprised of both a stick mixer and a mini-processor. The mixer fits
> >into the processor and provides the power to turn the chopping blade.
> >
> >Does anyone have one of these....and do you like it? Seems you could
> >chop peppers, herbs and maybe make small quantities of salsa in it.

  Sure do; have one, and like it, that is.  Was a wedding gift four + years
ago.  Ours is, I believe, exactly the same thing you saw.  As I recall (It's
been a while.  We really need to cook more; especially now at harvest
time.), it works well for rough chopping, or pureeing some things...  Like
anything else in life, works well for some things, not so much for others.
But hey, for thirteen bucks....

--
Erich
C-H # 2099