RE: [CH] RE: Sambal

Mary & Riley (uGuys@ChileGarden.com)
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 14:06:30 -0700

> Sujatha Matsuno
> --- Mary & Riley <uGuys@ChileGarden.com> wrote:
> >

> > What do you mean by "green chile"?  The stew made
> The unripe chiles on my plants.
> In Malaysian Chinese restaurants we were
> served pickled sliced green chiles (like the green
> jals here) as condiments.
>
> su

Aha!  You mean green chiles!  So sneaky to say what you mean!  ;-)

Mary made some pickled chiles, both green and red, of the Thai and/or
cayenne type that are great.  She's not around right now and didn't
write it down, but Mary-Anne recently posted something similar that I
saved.  Not in Mastercook, tho.  Bad Mary-Anne!  Also, she doesn't say
but I assume everything's in vinegar.

Think Mary used rice vinegar and sliced them crosswise.

Riley