[CH] Open Fields

Tony Flynn (tonyflynn@hotmail.com)
Tue, 02 Oct 2001 22:36:54 +0000

Hi Again
I sent this a couple of days ago. Not seeing it on the list makes me think
it has gone astray. My NZOL server still having problems.
Apologies if I am repeating my self.

From: "Tony Flynn" <tony@nzol.net.nz>
To: <chile-heads@globalgarden.com>
Subject: Open Fields
Date: Tuesday, 2 October 2001 8:16 a.m.

Hi All,

Well this coming weekend was to be the highlight of my year, meeting a bunch
of people who have existed mainly through their letters on my computer
screen over the past 3 years or so.
Things worked out differently and I had to return to NZ on the 1st
September. Showing once again that we do not know what is in store for
tomorrow.
I have been looking for an American flag to fly on my verandah., but there
are non available in my small town.
I am always impressed by the patriotism of the American people in  flying
the flag outside their homes.In the past not just the past 2 weeks. I am
sure they will prevail through the difficult days ahead.

My health is reasonable now except being prescribed so many tablets  I
rattle if I jump up and down :-)
spring weather here now so I am a bit late to start raising  Chile
plants from seed. The Rocotos against the back fence still have good fruit
and a few others have survived plus heaps in the freezer and lots of sauce
from St Jim. so I will not be short of hot stuff.
At least I got to spend a morning with Jim and the delightful Abbey. No
prizes for guessing who paid for lunch before I could get my credit card
out:-)

So I hope that you all have a great weekend and weather is as good as it is
here this week. Also just after the full moon so keep the more wayward of
our group under control.

My love to you all

Tony Flynn

Grandad. Retired at the beach. Bay of Plenty. New Zealand