Re: [CH] Starting pepper seeds

Ted Wagner (trwagner1@yahoo.com)
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 03:34:40 -0800 (PST)

One thing I'm toiling with is whether to start them in our master
bedroom.  The room itself is the warmest in the house as the ceiling is
of standard height and we have two windows that face due south.  I may
have to get a new set of wrought iron shelves or similar.

One thing I'm considering is the little heated blanket trick.  Found
one that's perfect size of a pillow.  I may line the top of a paper box
(those boxes are prolific here at work....tons of computer paper eaten
up each day....take the top off the box and you have a nice tray).  I
will be lining the tray with a piece of what they call a contractor
bag.  Nice and heavy duty.  That should prevent leaks.  Then, place the
heating pad down first, tray on top, then my starting trays inside the
plant tray.  Then, I'll probably cover with some clear fiberglass I
have in the garage as a dome.  Has a few holes in it, not too big.
Should be good for ventilation.

Ted