Re: [CH] Kim-Chi - addendum

Rob Solarion (solarion@1starnet.com)
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 19:09:09 -0600

Thanks, Kris.  Yes, that is another subject, but I know what you are
driving at.  Thanks for the explanation of the fermentation.  I am planning
to use George's recipe for Napa cabbage and your "science" and see what I
come up with.  I'll keep y'all posted of any "gourmet" results.  Wish me
luck!  HA!  Rob

<< Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 07:35:51 +0100
From: "Kristofer Blennow" <kristofer@blennow.se>
Subject: Re: [CH] Kim-Chi - addendum

Oops, forgot to mention one of the most important things...

LAB are anaerobic. They don't like oxygen. So keep air out, otherwise
other bacteria that LIKE air might take over. The whole idea is to
kill the competition (what else is new).

One could also mention that there is another anaerobic beast, C.
Botulinum, that would be happy to take over. But let's not get into
that...   ;)

Kris >>