Re: Salt: WUZ: Re: [CH] hot chocolate... hotter than usual V8 #502

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Sun, 03 Mar 2002 16:48:23 -0600

VoodooChile wrote:

>  From a text of mine (_Introductory Foods_; ISBN:0-13-923988-X)
>
> "Some interesting flavor profiles for various soups prepared both
> with and withough the addition of salt have been reported.  Salt
> enhanced the sweetness and the saltiness of soups and decreased
> bitterness...

  So since I couldn't find "Dutched" cocoa at the grocery yesterday, but
only a blend of "Dutched" and regular, perhaps a little more salt than the
original recipe called for might make it all balance out.  Or I could just
bite the bullet and buy the little $4.00 Ghiradelli (sp??) container of
cocoa that sounded like it was sweet (not semi), and made for making drinks,
etc.  Maybe I'll just look around a little more first...

> Also happend across:
>
> "Rub lime slice on nipple.  Apply salt.  Pour shot of tequila in
> navel. Suck shot of tequila from navel.  Lick nipple.  Make Speedy
> Gonzales sound: "Ariba, ariba, andulay, andulay".  Note: for variety,
> one may also say: "Hello, pussycat, you looking for a nice fat
> mouse?"  Repeat as needed." [pg. 64, _Book of Rael_, Ch. 2, "Monk
> No-no's".]
>
> Ahem...I hate that chapter.

  I knew there was a reason I decided not to become a monk.  Odd that the
"no-no's" would be so detailed though, doncha' think...  So if we
substitute, say rum and sugar for the tequila and salt, or something like
that, then monks are allowed to indulge in similar behavior???

> "I don't want to talk to you, no more, you empty-headed animal, food
> trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a
> hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."   -French Soldier in
> Monty Python and the Holy Grail-

  "... why do you think I have this ridiculous accent?"

--
Erich
C-H # 2099