[CH] Painting, Japanese style?

George Starkey (r2b9@earthlink.net)
Tue, 05 Mar 2002 00:36:57 -0500

>Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 09:35:07 -0800
From: "Snyder, Curt" <CSnyder@ligand.com>
Subject: [CH] Fiery Foods Show
On Saturday, Susie bought an original piece of art while we were there as
well. Linda Paul, an artist out of Colorado, applies plaster to her canvas
and the sculpts her painting from that, creating a 3D bas relief. She then
paints it with egg based tempura paints, using pigments she grinds herself.

I believe you mean TEMPERA (TEMPera) as opposed to TEMPURA (temPURa)
Tis much easier to paint with Tempera rather than Japanese batter.. :^)
Although, I'm sure Rael has some monkish chronicle of such an escapade.

George, delurking for a moment. Is it chile time yet?