[CH] Re: It took a long time........

Shaun Rimmer (shaun@newtronic.co.uk)
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 09:11:00 -0000

Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 17:27:36
From: "Alex Silbajoris" <asilbajo@hotmail.com>
Subject: [CH] Re: It took a long time........

>From: "Shaun Rimmer" <shaun@newtronic.co.uk>

>See, that's the thing with raw chillies and powder (it was quite coarse
>ground) that isn't 'cooked in' - you can't tell from mouth heat what's
>going
>to happen 'inside' after it finally releases it's real 'stored-up' heat.

"This has been discussed here in years past.  I noticed it with the seedy
red
flake "pizza shop pepper" that a lot of restaurants have.  I can pave a
slice of pizza or a sandwich with a layer of red flake and not taste much of
it.  But as we all know, it's there nevertheless..."

Yeah, crushed dried chile flakes.....ouch........even the coarsely chopped
green ones they use in the pizza shops here seem to hold 80% of their heat
until.......'later'.......heheh....

"You would have liked being with me at the first Madison hotluck I attended,
when I met Jim and THE BREAD.  The next morning was quite an education."

Alex, you seem to hold a rather loose (not intended...) definition of the
word "liked" heheh!

I think I had already had the education, and the lesson was learned some
time ago for me, it just seems that when you throw _beer_ (esp. in ermm....
'quantity') into the mix, it all goes out the window......or down the
pan......so to speak.....

I would kinda like to attend something like a hotluck, as I only know one
other person who likes hot food as I do, and that would be Abdul here at
work, and I'm still not sure if he cheats by stashing half the food in his
enormous 'Sufi' beard LOL!

THE BREAD sounds........'interesting'........ ',;~}

Shaun R
--
You don't have to exercise free will -  at the end of the day it's up to
you.