Re: [CH] Bottling your own...

Mary Going (mary@firegirl.com)
Tue, 21 May 2002 16:17:36 -0400

Hi Ted,

Dave Dewitt has a section on the Fiery Foods site
(http://www.fiery-foods.com) that talks about "kitchen to market" stuff.
Basically, however, you either have to ramp up your kitchen for major
production, or you have to find a co-packer. Given the volume you just
mentioned, I would think a co-packer would be the way to go.

There are many co-packers. You have to find one that can handle your
recipe, and your bottle size. Beyond that, I think the differences boil
down to the extent to which they comply with FDA rules, and customer
service. All of them will tell you that they comply with FDA, but sometimes
they don't. I think you want someone who is a bit anal about details. If
possible, go visit their manufacturing facility. You can tell a lot about a
place by visiting the facility. Also, just like anything else, ask for