Re: [CH] Need help with chipmunk problem.

Babs Woods (babs@jfwhome.funhouse.com)
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 16:04:25 -0400

        Guys,

> Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 19:37:06 -0700
> From: "Marilyn Reese" <plantphreak@hotmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [CH] Need help with chipmunk problem.
>
> Oh, here we go again.
>
> Once again, I vote for the .22 pistol...
>
> Marilyn
> ~~~~~~~

Yeah, Mad Dog, I'm with Marilyn on this one.  I'm actually very surprised
you've had any success using the hot pepper powder to deter chipmunks.

We have a problem with:
chipmunks, field mice, and squirrels.  In an attempt to get rid of the
squirrels especially, we tried a product aimed at deer and other rodents
(Bitter Magic, I think), and I have no idea if the deer ever got close
enough to the house but it did nothing to defer Rockie.  Rocket J. Squirrel
just laughed.  We then tried using hot pepper powders in with the birdseed.
Rocket J. Squirrel just said "More!".  I'm with Marilyn...  The thing is
now, this blighted state has gotten rabies, so now we *really* need to keep
rodents of all kinds out of the garden and out of the house.  A few years
ago we stopped stocking our birdfeeders because the town next door was getting
bears in peoples' back yards feeding on their birdseed.  Anyone got any
"Bear Away" they can spare, in case we need it here? ... What would work?
Habaneros injected with wasabiko and strung up like holiday lights in the
woods around my house?

                                -babs