RE: [CH] Great Hamburger

T. Matthew Evans (matt.evans@ce.gatech.edu)
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 10:05:24 -0400

While living in New Mexico, my wife and I became terribly fond of green
chile cheeseburgers -- Blake's, Owl Cafe, 66 Diner -- they're all great.
Once, while tailgating for a UNM football game with some NM natives, we were
introduced to grilled jalapenos on burgers.  I don't think I have had one
without since then.  Place the whole jalapenos on a cooler part of your
grill and they should finish cooking in about the same time as your burgers
do.  If you choose the right sized jalapenos, you can just cut them in half
when they are done and one chile should cover the entire burger....mmm, mmm,
good.

Matt

T. Matthew Evans
Graduate Research Assistant
Geosystems Group, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com]On Behalf Of RisaG
Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2002 8:53 PM
To: Chile-Heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: [CH] Great Hamburger

I went to PA for the weekend to spend time with a
friend and to take Trev to a birthday party. Of
course, I knew that my friends hubby is a chile-head.
So, I brought some serrano chiles with me, just for
him.

A friend of ours was there, he is also a chile-head,
and saw that I brought chiles. He suggested putting
them on the grill to eat with the hamburgers. Well, we
did one better once the chiles were roasted on the
grill.

When I got my burger, I put it on one of my homemade
garlic rolls. Then I put some of the new Heinz
Mesquite Ketchup on it, topped it with a whole serrano
chopped into small pieces (with seeds), and then I
doused it with Psycho Bitch sauce. Topped it with the
other side of the roll and took a bite...well...it was
terrific. Lots of great heat. Great cheese burger.

My friend did something similar with his and we were
all in heaven, sitting a bit away from the rest of the
folks.

This was one great burger.

I am going to continue to roast my chiles on the
grill. They came out soft and wonderful.

RisaG