Re: [CH] Jelly recipe question

Leslie Mandic (rnonrun@bellsouth.net)
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 13:42:34 -0400

Mark I am about to attempt the same.
I have not tried it but if you jars went ping ping or they have the no
buldge seal I know they are safe.
I think I read that it may take a day or two for them to get thick I
will post this to the canning site A couple of us are on and let you
know.
I have read that sometimes for whatever reasons they never set properly
but not to toss them as it could still be used as like a syrup or
topping of sorts.

On Friday, October 4, 2002, at 12:41  PM, Marc Saegesser wrote:

> Delurking again...
>
> This is a question for all the jelly experts out there.  I made a
> Habanero
> Jelly recipe that I got off of the Pepper Fool site.  The jelly looks
> wonderful, it has a great orange/amber color, but it didn't set up.  Its
> still really runny.  Has anyone else tried this recipe?  This was my
> first
> attempt at making jelly so I could use some advice.  Does the recipe
> look
> wrong or did I most likely mess something up in the preparation?
>
> I just compared the recipe I used with another I found on the list and
> it
> looks like the one I used had less fruit and more sugar.  Would that
> cause a
> runny jelly?  How long does it usually take for jelly to set?
>

> Marc Saegesser

--leslie in Louisville, Kentucky
USDA 6a/b/c? depending on who you ask on what day.