RE: [CH] Jelly recipe question

Marc Saegesser (Marc.Saegesser@apropos.com)
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 12:54:52 -0500

Leslie,

Please pass along anything you find out on the other list and let us know
how your jelly turns out.

I cooled the jars upside down for 5 minutes (as recommended by the
instructions I found inside the box of pectin) and once I turned them back
over they all 'plincked' withing half an hour or so.  It looks like they
have all sealed just fine!  My only concern here is that I read later (in
that same instruction packet inside the pectin box) that they jars should be
filled with an 1/8 inch head space and I don't think I got my jars quite
that full.

I plan to let them sit for a while longer to see if they really do set
before I open to try it out.  If they don't set I guess I'll just have
pepper syrup.  I'm sure I can find a use for that!

Marc Saegesser