RE: [CH] Hungarian Beef Gulyas

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 16:31:40 -0600

At 09:25 AM 10/29/2002 -0600, green wrote:
>Couple questions -- "1 lb small what onions"  -- didja mean WHITE yon-yons?
>
>Otay!  Otay!  Wasn't too wide awake yet and snot enuff coffee...  Yup!
>Meant WHITE yon-yons.  Sorry.
>
>"1 lb hamburger onions " -- Whatsis? What other name/description would I
>know them by?
>
>Dave, dear, there's yon-yons and there's yon-yons.  You've yellow, white,
>red, hamboogers - which are also yellow, but way way stronger then
>yellow-yellow yon-yons...  Pearl, and the small "whats" that come in a bag
>(at least here...) o'like two lbs.

Must be regional differences - down here in the Great American Outback we
gets white, red, Vidalia-Walla Walla-1084 (all sweet yellows) yellow,
Bermuda and Spanish (also yellow). Only vegetable thing we get labeled
"Hamburger" is those humonguous dill
pickle slices.

>Pearls are like the size o'a walnut - don't want those.  Want the ones that
>are a little smaller (+/-) than a baseball.  Unless o'course you REALLY want
>some good onion flavor, then use the hamburger onions.  The hamboogers are
>labled in the stupormarket "Hamburger Onions."  I don't do that too often as
>man, the Guylas will talk to you for days - and give you nitemares...

Not me... I like Winchester Food. Reminds me of what I had for supper - all
evening. And I enjoy really pungent yon yous that bite you back.... even
pearls and baby whites can get pretty bitey.

ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!