[CH] Re: OT'ness

Jeff Thompson (jeffthompson@mac.com)
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 19:23:58 -0500

On Tuesday, December 17, 2002, at 06:26  PM, Inagaddadavida wrote:

> It is a great place really.  I've been on the list for, oh, 7 years? I
> can't even remember actually.  Everything goes to shit, er, sheeeeeet,
> occassionally when topics come up that are, typically, OT, and people
> have heated o-pines about the TOT (topic off topic...cute, eh?), *and*
> someone goes and gets personal...shazzam...little flame war on the
> chileheads list, irony notwithstanding.  I'm a Mac user myself.
> Switched from PCs.  Have my biases, yup, but generally, they ain't
> worth going to war over (oooh, there's a political dig in case someone
> is *really* bored....email privately, plz).

I was simply amazed at the vehement intolerance expressed for one
sub-culture (the mac users in the group) by some of the members of this
particular sub-culture (the chile-heads). Look people... we're ALL
chile heads no matter what race, religion or computer platform. Don't
we get slammed enough in public for our chile obsession? You would
think that'd make everyone a little more tolerant of others choices in
life. BUT, It's not like this behavior is limited to the chile-heads,
though. I've seen this type of inter-sub-culture bashing between their
various sub-sub-cultures.

As for the flames wars, I've seen better and worse. At least no one
mentioned sleeping with someone else's mother or anything. You should
have SEEN the crap I took for mentioning heatless peppers once a long,
long time ago. THAT little turd-flinging-festival convinced me to write
off the entire list server as a bunch of flakes until I was convinced
to come back by a couple of friends. It's just like any other list
server... don't feed the trolls and ignore the small minded comments
and you'll be ok.

To get this BACK on topic... anyone ever notice that the Apple logo
looks sorta like a Habanero with a bite out of it... NOT a heatless
Habanero though! God forbid!