Re: [CH] Chile-Heads Digest V8 #623

The Lash (info@thelash.com)
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 18:41:16 -0500

At 02:10 PM 12/17/2002 -0800, you wrote:

You know what's funny? I ask questions about peppers, and try to strike up
conversations about peppers, and I'm largely ignored because I'm not a
member of the little clique that seems to dominate this list- but make a
few comments about macs ( a subject I didn't bring up), and the three
people on the list who still use them engage in a letter writing campaign.
Charming-

>Starwind wrote:
>
>>Au contraire, Macs can do anything a Windows-based machine can do do,
>>usually with a lot fewer errors, crashes and system issues. We won't go into
>>virus issues... Additionally, Mac users generally know their computer inside
>>and out, and can install, uninstall, add to, take away and troubleshoot
>>their equipment far better than can most PC users. I rather think of Macs as
>>the Chateau Lafitte-Rothchild of computing, and PCs as Ripple. Oh, and we're
>>equally snobbish.
>>Starwind
>>

>>on 12/17/02 2:01 PM, Chile-Heads Digest at
>>owner-chile-heads-digest@globalgarden.com electronically inked the
>>following:
>>
>>A gal after my own heart! (turn your head the other way, Marie!) (just
>>didn't want her seeing me complimenting another gal!:-) ) Anyway, as
>>George so aptly put it, the beamer bunch are snobs as well, but we have a
>>better reason, our computers will be still going strong while most PCs
>>are relegated to the dump!
>>Now, about peppers! I hung a home made ristra in our store room, and it
>>has finally dried out to the point where the pods are getting crisp. No
>>heat in there, simply the current BC temps which are running in the 50s F
>>or 10-12C so I think they did very well to dry in two months. I will
>>likely grind 'em into a   chile powder. BTW I had a note from Calvin, who
>>is getting very tired of bland food...poor guy, becoming allergic to
>>chiles. Sheesh, what a fate! So for anyone interested, he is still alive,
>>and really kicking....specially about the bland food:-)Cheers, Doug in BC

Rob K
http://www.thelash.com
Celtic Mayhem From America