Re: Growing WAS Re: [CH] Two matters

dan combs (dcombs@bloomington.in.us)
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:15:39 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, Cuchulain Libby wrote:

> I've heard the same thing. The jalepenos and serranos were virtually
> identical in their heat. Having the bell in there may also have lowered some
> of the heat, although it wasn't a very 'flowery' bush this year.

This cross-pollination thing is like the flashbacks I was promised if I
just ate those little pills: never have seen the results.

My dear departed ma' used to claim she had mangoes cross-pollinated with
hots once and the bells were hot.  I dunno.   I grow mexibells every now
and then and have never been sure if they were hot or not.   It takes a
bit up the scale before I really am sure about heat.

carp